Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I mirror something from my macbook to my apple tv?

How do I use airplay mirroring from my macbook?

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 2:25 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2014 2:32 PM in response to pearsonlb

Requirements for AirPlay in OS X

User uploaded file

An Apple TV;

A supported Mac

AirPlay Mirroring in OS X takes advantage of the hardware capabilities of recent Macs to deliver high frame rates while maintaining optimal system performance. The following Mac models support AirPlay Mirroring::

• iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Which Mac do I have?

A network

AirPlay Mirroring requires either a Wi-Fi (802.11 a/g/n) connection or an Ethernet connection to the same local network that your Apple TV uses.

Turning AirPlay Mirroring on and off

If your Mac supports using your Apple TV as a display, an AirPlay menu appears in the menu bar when an Apple TV is on the same network. The AirPlay Mirroring menu icon turns blue when AirPlay Mirroring is on (User uploaded file).

User uploaded file

You can also turn Airplay on in System Preferences > Displays:

• In Mavericks select AirPlay Display.

User uploaded file
  • In Mountain Lion select AirPlay mirroring.

User uploaded file

Note: If you don't see AirPlay Display or AirPlay mirroring options in Displays Preferences, then your Mac model does not support this feature.

To turn off AirPlay, select "Turn Off AirPlay" in the AirPlay menu or in Displays Preferences. You can also press the Menu button on the Apple TV remote to end the current AirPlay session.

How do I mirror something from my macbook to my apple tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.