Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Store - Delivery times?? >_< frustrating!!

I placed an order through the Apple Store on the 8th Aug at 6:53am GMT (17" MBP, Office and a 4gb Black Nano), the website informed me that the manufacturing time would be 24 hours and dispatch would be on the 9th with arrival on or before the 11th (which is great as I needed the laptop for this weekend).
I got an email this morning at 2:34am GMT informing me that my order has been despatched on the 10th and will arrive on the 14th. Why the sudden increase in delivery times? The website clearly stated all items were available within 24 hours meaning it should have been ready to despatch on the 9th to arrive with me on the 11th. Really disappointed I use to work in sales myself and if we gave a delivery date that was the date regardless, even if it meant having to have staff work overtime to complete an order and have it ready to leave on time.
So what’s the chances of my order arriving with me on the Friday? As their will be no one available to collect delivery as of the Sunday for 8-12 weeks as I have to go work abroad.
//On a side note why am I being shipping the US version of MS Office?

MBP

Posted on Aug 10, 2006 4:13 AM

2 replies

Aug 10, 2006 4:52 AM in response to DarkSacred

Delivery to Europe *****. I've ordered several times from the Apple online store. The manufacturing dates Apple told me were always correct. But then, after handover to Kuehne & Nagel in Shanghai, everything comes to a grinding halt. My first MBP got stuck in Shanghai for 5 days. And it took another 5 for it to reach my door-step. The replacement MBP got delivered from Shanghai directly by TNT. I thought that would speed up the process - but I was wrong. Again, the thing got stuck somewhere in China. Once the stuff is in Europe, though, the packages almost always arrive within 24 hours. From what I've read, delivery to the UK sometimes takes 2 days from the Netherlands, though.

I just wished Apple would try to reduce the delivery times from Shanghai to Europe somehow.

Apple Store - Delivery times?? >_< frustrating!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.