Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Sign in to facetime" keeps appearing, and requesting a login

"Sign in to facetime" keeps appearing, and requesting a login. If I press CANCEL it immediately re-appears - less than 1 second interval, so very difficult to do any other operation in that time.

Additional issue, which may impact trying to solve the problem above:

My daughter set up my phone (on her iTunes) and the "Sign in to facetime" login is coming up with her (old) Apple ID - which is an EMail address that she no longer has access to.

I have my own (different) Apple ID - although that was not the one used to set up my phone.

I am happy to reset the phone / whatever to *my* Apple ID - but it is critical I don't lose all my contacts / phone numbers / Text messages. I have done a backup onto my PC, but I don't know (given mis-matching Apple IDs) if that will have backed everything important up such that I will be able to restore it. Backup gave a message that APPs were not backed up - the message mentioned something similar to a "permission-mismatch"

I don't think there is anything else on the phone that I need preserved (including any APPs - haven;t been able to buy any as phone is set up with my Daughter's (old) Apple ID

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 4:42 PM

Go to Settings/FaceTime, log out, and log in with your Apple ID. Do the same for Settings/Messages.

15 replies

Feb 26, 2014 4:52 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks, that fixed it (I couldn't get into Settings and scroll quickly enough, so I went to Face Time and changed the Apple ID there instead.)

Taht then brought up a similar logon message for iCloud. Managed to scroll to that in Settings and used Delete Account to (as it said) remove the data from MY PHONE. Hopefully I haven't deleted my daughters' iCloud account!

Jul 6, 2014 4:08 AM in response to KrispyApple

I'm traveling abroad and, for saving battery, i turned off wi-fi and I have no connection to an internet provider. Now it keeps nagging for my AppleID password to connect to Facetime and won't let me access the Settings on anything else! I know that when I come back to US I'll have my LTE connection and will be able to enter my AppleID password and access my phone normally, but this is **** frustrating! IOS should recognize that if the phone has no internet access to login to the user's account, it won't try to use Facetime or any other app that may require an AppleID! How can I fix this situation... hard resetting my device? If so, how do I do it since I have no iTune around.

Aug 1, 2014 1:16 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I am now having the same problem - "sign in to face time" keeps appearing, and the email account originally used was an old one that I do not have access to. I have tried your fix, but I cannot get into Face Time or Settings because the sign in request keeps popping up within 1 second. How can I access this not on my phone, since my phone cannot be used anymore... Right now, I am on vacation, and without my phone, I cant even call apple support! Help please!

Dec 5, 2014 10:40 PM in response to KrispyApple

I entered the password correctly, but it comes back saying the password is incorrect! I can confirm this by using a laptop with internet connection and the same username/password get accepted by logging iTune or even this website.

It turns out that the phone does not have any data connection: no wifi, no cellular turn on.

The ugly thing about this is that Apply/Facetime wrongly shows the message. Why doesn't it say "There is no connection to verify the username/password?"

STUPID!

After I quickly tab "Cancel" and able to turn on cellular network, enter the same password again, and the popup goes away.

May 18, 2015 5:06 PM in response to KrispyApple

First sign out of FaceTime. Then, In settings date and time, go back, for couple of months or year and popup will disappear!

Worked for iphone 5 ios 8.1.3 and ipad 2 iOS 7.1.2 and probably all the other versions, too. Credit goes to RossoNero1502991 who posted his answer on youtube first and which I expanded to the iPad. You need to be quick and probably try tens of times to get to the screens while getting interrupted by the popup. Don't despair, just keep going.

Jun 19, 2015 4:35 AM in response to KrispyApple

Oh ****.. I did that, the messages eventually stopped appearing, and now "Sign In to iCloud" dialogs start appearing !!!!

Come on Apple, it's 2015... add some user-friendliness !!

Add a "Stop bl**dy nagging me" checkbox to this dialog.

Perhaps I don't want to sign-in to iCloud or FaceTime this particular time. Perhaps I just want to use my current set of apps, without being nagged every 10 seconds with a modal dialog.

"Sign in to facetime" keeps appearing, and requesting a login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.