Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone4 upgrade to ios7 now need to restore

Help! I updated to ios7, my phone has itunes symbol and cable pic. Online I saw that I needed to connect to itunes but I never synced to my desktop. Stopped at Verizon and was told to install itunes, plug in and it will work. On itunes I get the error that it recognizes a phone in recovery mode and must restore befor using itunes. I have no idea how to restore a phone that is locked with the itunes logo and pic of cable.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 6:14 PM

8 replies

Feb 26, 2014 6:22 PM in response to sberman

Ignore those set of instructions because it's just a canned speech without analyzing your issue.

You want to put your iDevice in DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode and then restore. DFU actually relies on hardware to enter, so there is a 100% failsafe chance you'll be able to restore if you're not trying to downgrade.

Knowing Apple these days, though, nothing's 100%.

Feb 26, 2014 6:46 PM in response to Grin 

Grin wrote:

Ignore those set of instructions because it's just a canned speech without analyzing your issue.

You want to put your iDevice in DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode and then restore. DFU actually relies on hardware to enter, so there is a 100% failsafe chance you'll be able to restore if you're not trying to downgrade.

Nonsense. DFU mode has no advantage in troubleshooting and is useful only if you're trying to hack the firmware and iOS, or the phone has already been hacked. It adds to the risk of permanent firmware damage and malware attack, and shouldn't be routinely used.

Feb 26, 2014 8:06 PM in response to Brandy0221

Check for hardware issues

Try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good. Also, confirm your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers. If you still see the alert when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

Common errors: 1, 10-47, 1002, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1000-1020.

iphone4 upgrade to ios7 now need to restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.