Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X 10.9.2 broken stuff

Although it feels a tad strange that such a big company like Apple took such a long time to identify such a disturbing SSL bug, I am glad that 10.9.2 fixed that vulnerability. The problem is that it seems that alongside with the update, came other problems which didn't exist before 😟

This update was supposed to fix a VPN issue which caused it to disconnect. Well, funny enough, I never had disconnecting issues before the update. Now, if the computer sleeps, when I get back on, the VPN (PPTP) disconnects. In the settings there are some options such as disconnect when user logging out and when switching user accounts, i've tried all combinations and still disconnects.

Another thing, is the AirPlay between the Mac (iMac 2011) and the AppleTV 3rd Gen. It was working fine, but not after the update. When you connect it, the apple tv screen goes all black and on the menu bar can't change from "extended desktop" to mirror. It's definitely broken.

For those who are also experiencing AirPlay problems, i've noticed that AirPlay from iDevices is working fine. So there might be an option while they fix it.

Please let me know if you can either confirm having these issues or other that I didn't detect yet.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 6:07 PM

11 replies

Feb 28, 2014 11:43 AM in response to yomacau

OS X 10.9.2 upgrade on a MBP mid-2012 retina scrambled connection to Thunderbolt display.

Apple support walked me through usual power and SMC resets (with no discernable effect), but in the process, we found the culprit.

Upgrade evidently stripped out all the prior display settings. Running through System Preferences->Displays brought up settings window for retina display. Middle tab (Arrangement) let me reclick Mirror Displays and drag the displays the way I had them set up before. The work setup is functional again.

Photo Booth and the iSight camera are evidently functional. I have AirPlay Display turned Off, so I don't know yet whether that's affected.

PITA.

Hth,

Fred

May 5, 2014 7:20 AM in response to yomacau

SOLVED : after several months without AirPlay just got it fixed. People been banging on AirParrot for months and forgetting another app which many of you have installed too. It's called Splashtop. Just uninstalled it and Airplay is back! Hooray ! - To uninstall simply re-download the Splashtop streamer here Download and opening the dmg you will find a uninstall script. Run it, restart your maching and voila!

OS X 10.9.2 broken stuff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.