Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to set up a cardDAV sync (for contacts) on just 1 of my 3 devices to sync contacts everywhere?

Do I need to set up a cardDAV sync (for contacts).on all my Apple devices? Or will the sync work with iCloud so that it syncs on all devices with my Google contacts?

I have had no issues setting up the cardDAV sync on my devices, however it would be nice to only have to set up this feature on one device, considering I am using an iPad, iPhone, and MacBook.

That said, does iCloud use the cardDAV in such a way that I only need to set it up on one device? (i.e. with iCloud enabled on all devices, but the CardDAV only set up with my iPhone, if I change or edit a contact on my iPad, will those changes be reflected on my iPhone, MacBook and Google?

Thank you in advance, I think perhaps I may be over thinking this issue.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 7:17 PM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2014 4:08 AM in response to helioshock

helioshock wrote:

Do I need to set up a cardDAV sync (for contacts).on all my Apple devices? Or will the sync work with iCloud so that it syncs on all devices with my Google contacts?

I have had no issues setting up the cardDAV sync on my devices, however it would be nice to only have to set up this feature on one device, considering I am using an iPad, iPhone, and MacBook.

That said, does iCloud use the cardDAV in such a way that I only need to set it up on one device? (i.e. with iCloud enabled on all devices, but the CardDAV only set up with my iPhone, if I change or edit a contact on my iPad, will those changes be reflected on my iPhone, MacBook and Google?

Thank you in advance, I think perhaps I may be over thinking this issue.

You are

DAV is not sync, it does not have to 'enabled' on any device, the device just needs to be signed into your iCloud account.

Google have their own DAV service and it will not 'sync' with any other DAV services. Use Google or iCloud, you don't need 2

Do I need to set up a cardDAV sync (for contacts) on just 1 of my 3 devices to sync contacts everywhere?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.