Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ok, so on Sat. My ipods front camera broke, and i sent it in to apples repair center, thru ups. And i was wondering if anyone knows what theyre going to do with it, its still under warrantee and they said they cover it but, will they fix it or replace it?

Ok, so on Sat. My ipods front camera broke, and i sent it in to apples repair center, thru ups. And i was wondering if anyone knows what theyre going to do with it, its still under warrantee and they said they cover it but, will they fix it or replace it? If so is it going to be replaced with a refirbished one or a new one?

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 8:03 PM

Apple will replace your iPod with a refurbished model if they agree that the problem was caused by a manufacturing defect and not by abuse. If they decide that the camera failure was caused by abuse (dropping, etc.) they will either return it to you unrepaired or replace it for $99 for the 16 gb iPod or $149 for the others.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2014 8:03 PM in response to Palencia97

Apple will replace your iPod with a refurbished model if they agree that the problem was caused by a manufacturing defect and not by abuse. If they decide that the camera failure was caused by abuse (dropping, etc.) they will either return it to you unrepaired or replace it for $99 for the 16 gb iPod or $149 for the others.

Ok, so on Sat. My ipods front camera broke, and i sent it in to apples repair center, thru ups. And i was wondering if anyone knows what theyre going to do with it, its still under warrantee and they said they cover it but, will they fix it or replace it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.