2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2015 12:59 PM by trl14
Jenni11 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

i have finished creating my imovie and have followed the instructions to burn it onto a dvd. it says to click share, then click on iDVD. But i don't seem to have this option under the share tab!!??  I have a macbook pro. Can i get it from somewhere or can i burn it some other way.  this is my first time using imovie and so far so good, until getting to this point

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)
  • Bengt Wärleby Level 6 Level 6 (19,460 points)

Hi

If there is no iDVD on Your Mac (and it's not on newer Macs as Apple discarded it) then You need a program that can do this.

Your Mac can burn CDs and DVDs - BUT DVD as Data-DVDs not as Video-DVDs - they need a program to be encoded and STRUCTURED as such.

• iDVD is part of the boxed version of iLife'11 and can only be bought outside Apple as on Amazon and e-bay

• DVD Studio pro - Part of FinalCut Studio Pro bundle - this to has expired and can only be bought second handed. (High price and tough learning Curve - but best ever done.)

• Roxio Toast™ - Not as elegant as iDVD - but has many other positive additions (I like it as 10-Pro incl BD-component) (now version 11)

• Burn - only free alternative I know of on internet. Very simple - Just for doing a plain Video-DVD

Burn http://www.digital-digest.com/software/Burn.html

only You can buy from Apple is.

• FinalCut Pro-X which also can burn to DVD but without any nice themes.

• Free DVD Creator.app - free from Apple Store

AppleMan1958

You can also buy Compressor from Apple for $50 US. It will also create DVD and BluRay but without the nice themes.

Yours Bengt W

• trl14 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

On any of the options you mentioned, is it possible to 'string' multiple iMovies together so that they would play back to back (and in a loop).  I created 3 iMovies for my daughter's graduation and would like them to play repeatedly, back to back.