Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Never modify or jailbrake my IPhone 5 since I bought it from the authorized dealer, but the service center said it was!!!

Last week, I sent my IPhone to the service center after I dropped it in the water, and could not turn it on.

I honestly never modify or jailbrake my IPhone 5 after I bought it from the cellphone carrier shop (True Corporation. Thailand who is an authorized IPhone dealer).

But after a week after sending the phone in at the cellphone carrier shop, the authorized service center for IPhone in Thailand said it was modified, and not eligible for warranty coverage. (If they are convinced that the phone was never modified, I will still need to pay about $300 for a replacement of the same model)

The apple's IPhone authorized service center did not give any reason why they say my phone was modified, which surprise and upset me.

What should I do? Any recommendation or a place I can contact?

Pat Nanta

iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 9:37 PM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2014 11:20 PM in response to ckuan

I am willing to pay for the $300 that is the cost for replacing my water damaged phone. This, as I have asked around, has been a standard practice for the phone that's still under warranty.

But the authorized IPhone service said I have to pay the full price (in other words buying a new one) because the phone was illegally modified. (Not because of the water damaged).

That doesn't make sense because I never did anything to the phone since I bought it. I do not understand!!!

Never modify or jailbrake my IPhone 5 since I bought it from the authorized dealer, but the service center said it was!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.