Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't recognize my iPhone

Both my iPhone and iTunes are up to date, and there's nothing wrong with my cable as I'm able to view content in iPhoto & DiskAid.

However, iTunes has suddenly decided it doesn't want to work with my iPhone anymore and gives me the following error:

User uploaded file

Surely there has to be a better solution than wiping everything off my iPhone, right? I'm not restoring to factory settings!😠

Help would be greatly appreciated.

J 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 4:21 AM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2014 4:38 AM in response to Jeff Sportivo

Hello Jeff Sportivo,

Found this similar Old Discussion and the Solution provided by " SlimWithATiltedGrin " worked for many of the users, you can try the steps as mentioned in that and see if it works for you as well.

Look for Solution provided by " SlimWithATiltedGrin " : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4474508?start=0&tstart=0

If your Device is not Jailbroken then you may find the files ( iTunesCDB, iTunesControl and iTunesPref) which has to be renamed according to the post in the following Location :

/Raw File System/iTunes_Control/iTunes

iTunes won't recognize my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.