Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my grandmother has accidentally put a passcode on her iPad while on holiday need answer ASAP

My granny had purchased an ipad specifically for her one in a lifetime 5 week trip to newzeiland when in a hotel she accidentally put a passcode on it (don't ask me how, old people and tech) but she needs it as its her only way to contact home (except for super expensive phone calls) and also as she's doing a hire car driving holiday and needs it to book hotels when they decide where to go. Please help ASAP as she cant contact anyone at home without it (she doesn't have a computer with her to sync iTunes or anything. Plz Help ASAP

iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 5:01 AM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2014 5:07 AM in response to love_my_iPad

The iPad needs to be erased to remove the passcode.

If she is has iCloud backup and Find My iPhone enabled in the iCloud settings, you can remotely wipe the device for her and she can then restore from her iCloud backup. Outside of that, there is nothing she can do without a computer.

Forgotten Passcode or device disabled after entering wrong passcode

If you have never synced your device with iTunes, or you do not have access to a computer

If you see one of following alerts, you need to erase the device:

"iTunes could not connect to the [device] because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the [device] before it can be used with iTunes."
"You haven't chosen to have [device] trust this computer"

If you have Find My iPhone enabled, you can use Remote Wipe to erase the contents of your device. If you have been using iCloud to back up, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased.

Alternatively, place the device in recovery mode and restore it to erase the device:

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to shut down.
  3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  5. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then restore the device.

my grandmother has accidentally put a passcode on her iPad while on holiday need answer ASAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.