Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have my mother's iPad 1... She passed away... I do not want to lose what is on the iPad while using my own APPLE ID.. HOW CAN I DO THIS???

Dear Anyone who can help me,

I inherited my mothers iPad version 1 after my mother passed away.

Before she passed away, I had downloaded numerous books that I NEED to keep on the iPad.

I now have MY OWN APPLE ID.

How can I use this iPad "USING MY APPLE ID" "WITHOUT LOSING" what is currently on the iPad???

I want to add more books to it as soon as possible but I do not want to risk losing any of the numerous books I currently have on it....

PLEASE HELP ME....

Thank You,

Steve

iPad, I do not know what OS it is running

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 5:21 AM

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother.

You will not lose anything that you downloaded with her Apple ID if you start using another Apple ID, but you will always need to use her old ID and password in order to update apps or download her purchased content again. When you switch Apple ID's back and forth on a device, you can lock yourself out of one of the ID's for 90 days if you download past purchases with the other ID.

You can read more about that here.

iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2014 5:21 AM in response to stevenfromrapidcity

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother.

You will not lose anything that you downloaded with her Apple ID if you start using another Apple ID, but you will always need to use her old ID and password in order to update apps or download her purchased content again. When you switch Apple ID's back and forth on a device, you can lock yourself out of one of the ID's for 90 days if you download past purchases with the other ID.

You can read more about that here.

iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

Have my mother's iPad 1... She passed away... I do not want to lose what is on the iPad while using my own APPLE ID.. HOW CAN I DO THIS???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.