Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updates go haywire

I see there are lots of other people having similar problems and I have browsed a few without finding a solution and now I just post a deep felt sigh of frustration here; The updates on Mac's App Store seems to be completely out of control. Some apps updates, others do not, saying that it wasn't updated or downloaded, please go to Purchases and download again, which doesn't help at all. The latest Pages update says it is installed but it has failed!?!! Some Epson drivers keep updating at least once a day and if it doesn't stop I will have a hundred such in the end, if there is an end to it.
It doesn't make sense at all.
As far as I could remember, it happened the last period I stayed in Brazil and I guess it all went well when I went to Norway for Xmas and New Year. That make me a bit suspicious; is it all because the apps are purchased in the Norwegian store and when I travel, the App Store gets all confused? If that be the case and there are some geographic limitations at play, then I find it utterly stupid, since laptops are meant to be used for travelling and one cannot be expected to change App Stores for each time you go to a different country.
Well, if someone know any good answers which doesn't involve a lot of intricate tricks and hoops and loops, pray tell. Or if anyone heard that Apple is working on a fix. This is supposed

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 8:38 AM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2014 9:13 AM in response to Dah•veed

So, you mean you cannot update anything when you are outside your country!?! With a laptop? My account is associated with Norway but I moved back to Portugal in 2012 and have had no problems whatsoever updating there - only here in Brazil. And it would be totally insane if one needs to have an account for each country one is travelling to, don't you agree?
And why haven't I moved my account to Portugal? Well, first of all because I heard that by doing so, I run the risk of not getting all apps I have bought in Norway, which is another insanity in a world going more global. Secondly, because my bank-account in Portugal doesn't allow for internet-shopping. Yes, I know. Crazy, but what can I do?
But if one needs to go back to the country where one is residing for each time an update comes, it is just stupid and I cannot believe that to be the case.And it wouldn't explain why Numbers and Keynote got updated last time, but not Pages.

Feb 27, 2014 3:34 PM in response to Dah•veed

Thank you for that info and I almost got some hope that it would be just that, since I had never thought to check it in the App Store, but alas, I am checked into the Norwegian store.
Besides, the odd thing is that it only happens with some apps - aside from the Epson drivers-update which keeps repeating itself at least once a day, sometimes more, depending on how often I log on to my account on the MBP, I guess - and now I see that there is an iTunes-update, too, which keeps updating daily - 11.1.5.

Something odd is going on, but thanks for the help, anyway. A pity it wasn't that....

Updates go haywire

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.