Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Interfaces & Fusion Drives?

I am using the newest 27" iMac (3tb fusion drive) w/ an Mbox 3 interface. Every audio related program I have used works fine accept Pro Tools, both 10 & 11. I was hoping 10.9.2 would fix this, but it didn't unfortunately.

I get a crazy amount of error messages during recording and playback in Pro Tools. 6104 CPU Error Message, even though the system usage will be under 5%. Some other errors as well, but there are many threads about this over at the Avid forums, but a lot of people seem to have the same issue with fusion drives & PT.

I don't have an Apple retail store where I live so sending this iMac back and getitng a new one with a regular drive would take well over a month and would be really inconvenient for me.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has had luck with any different audio interfaces w/ fusion drives & Pro Tools (10 or 11).

Again, I have an Mbox 3 & iMac w/ fusion drive. I get error messages (6104 - CPU usage error messages and stuff). I was actually lookign at the Apogee Duet 2, but wouldn't wana get it and find that I get the same error messages in PT as i did with my Mbox.

So if anyone could reccomend an interface that works properly (ne errors) with fusion drives & Pro Tools & 10.9.2 that would be great!

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 8:01 AM

1 reply

Audio Interfaces & Fusion Drives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.