Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfering iPod contents to PC

I recently had to install iTunes 11, After I had lost most of the contents of my library, however I still have the majority of my original library on my iPod can I transfer the contents of my iPod to my PC? and if so how?

iPod classic

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 8:50 AM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2014 4:32 PM in response to Ujammie

You cannot use iTunes to transfer content from iPod to computer, except for items purchased from the iTunes Store. However, there are third-party methods and utilities that can transfer from iPod to computer. If you do an Internet search on something like "ipod transfer," you should get some links. (The CNET article seems to be popular.)

Mar 1, 2014 1:07 PM in response to Ujammie

The CNET article describes a method. It is a procedure, and it does not involve installing software (for a Windows user). Therefore, there is no file transfer limit, and can be "trusted" as long as you can follow the described procedure properly.

I suppose it might get "mixed reviews and strong recommendations NOT too use it" from people who can't follow instructions or from vendors selling a piece of software (trusted or not).

Transfering iPod contents to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.