Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I try to download one song to my ipad from iTunes on windows it just downloads the whole library. How do I change this?

I just want one song on my ipad but it just downloads every song in my computer and I don't know why. Any way to edit this?

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2014 11:27 AM

Hi rubynixon,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like iTunes is set up to automatically sync your entire library when you connect your iPad mini. There are a few different ways to sync music to your iPad, which are explained in this article:

iTunes 11 for Windows: Set up syncing for iPod, iPhone, or iPad

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12313

You can set up your iPod, iPhone, or iPad for automatic or manual syncing.

Automatic syncing: Sync your entire iTunes library or choose specific items to sync. Whenever you connect your device, iTunes updates it automatically to match any changes made to your library since the last sync. You can automatically sync a device with only one iTunes library at a time.

Manual syncing: Drag items to your device individually.

The link above also has step by step instructions for setting up manual or automatic syncing.

Best,

Jeremy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2014 11:27 AM in response to rubynixon

Hi rubynixon,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like iTunes is set up to automatically sync your entire library when you connect your iPad mini. There are a few different ways to sync music to your iPad, which are explained in this article:

iTunes 11 for Windows: Set up syncing for iPod, iPhone, or iPad

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12313

You can set up your iPod, iPhone, or iPad for automatic or manual syncing.

Automatic syncing: Sync your entire iTunes library or choose specific items to sync. Whenever you connect your device, iTunes updates it automatically to match any changes made to your library since the last sync. You can automatically sync a device with only one iTunes library at a time.

Manual syncing: Drag items to your device individually.

The link above also has step by step instructions for setting up manual or automatic syncing.

Best,

Jeremy

Every time I try to download one song to my ipad from iTunes on windows it just downloads the whole library. How do I change this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.