Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps for typing notes AND for copying and pasting

I'd like an easily accessible app that would enable me to jot down notes AND to paste things that I've copied. I used "stickies" for this for more than a year, but it takes too long. Ideally, I would like an app that is stationed in my menu bar. One click would bring it forth for eirther of these jobs. I've downloaded a number of apps for this purpose but am invariably disappointed to find that none of them serve both functions. Most of them fail in the pasting part. Currently, I'm using TextEdit for these purposes, but using it takes much too much time. Aren't there apps that will do what I want?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 6:53 PM

"NOTES" does it. I recently spent 80-minutes with an Apple Care technician/advisor fixing a problem I had with Safari. During the course of our coversation, I asked him the question I asked here. He immediatey told me about the program that comes with the Mac, and it does the trick. With "Notes" you can type notes, or you can paste things. It also meets my final requirement: it's easily accessible since it resides in the dock. Perfect.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2014 6:53 PM in response to Niku

"NOTES" does it. I recently spent 80-minutes with an Apple Care technician/advisor fixing a problem I had with Safari. During the course of our coversation, I asked him the question I asked here. He immediatey told me about the program that comes with the Mac, and it does the trick. With "Notes" you can type notes, or you can paste things. It also meets my final requirement: it's easily accessible since it resides in the dock. Perfect.

Apps for typing notes AND for copying and pasting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.