Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I view iPhone taken videos on cloud?

So, I have over 40 videos on my iPhone from since my daughter was born and they are taking up too much space and need to be removed. I have them all on my MacBook Pro and on a MyBook backup drive but I want to make sure that I'm able to view them easily from my phone whenever I want. I'm nervous to delete the original file from my phone. I guess my question is, how do I use the cloud to view the videos that are on my MacBook on my iPhone?

TIA

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 11:04 AM

It sounds like Dropbox, Google Drive, or a paid iCloud service would be a good option for you.

Since you are running out of space on your iPhone, first I'd make sure that your videos are stored in iPhoto, or locally on your MacBook Pro and your backup hard drive.

Then you can upload your videos from your MacBook Pro to your desired service (I personally use Dropbox the most). Then you can verify that your videos have been stored on the cloud by downloading the Dropbox (or other service) app for iOS, and then you can select your movies and stream them from the cloud over Wi-Fi or cellular data.

Once you have verified that all of your movies are on the cloud and playing properly, you can go ahead and delete the movie files from your iPhone's internal storage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2014 11:04 AM in response to J-ME Bertrand

It sounds like Dropbox, Google Drive, or a paid iCloud service would be a good option for you.

Since you are running out of space on your iPhone, first I'd make sure that your videos are stored in iPhoto, or locally on your MacBook Pro and your backup hard drive.

Then you can upload your videos from your MacBook Pro to your desired service (I personally use Dropbox the most). Then you can verify that your videos have been stored on the cloud by downloading the Dropbox (or other service) app for iOS, and then you can select your movies and stream them from the cloud over Wi-Fi or cellular data.

Once you have verified that all of your movies are on the cloud and playing properly, you can go ahead and delete the movie files from your iPhone's internal storage.

How do I view iPhone taken videos on cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.