Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EFI Update 1.2 on Late 2013 Macbook Pro...

Hello, I have the late 2013 15" Retina Macbook Pro with the processor upgrade (2.6Ghz.). The model number of the system is Z0PU. I want to download and install the EFI 1.2 update found on this page:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1705

But when I go to install it, I get an error indicating that my Macbook Pro is not supported. Is anyone else having this problem?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 11:42 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

To check that you need that update, open  > Software Update. This is the best way to get firmware updates, because you will only see the ones that your MacBook needs.

In this case, it's clear that your MacBook does not need the update because 1) it was already installed, or 2) it is designed for a different Mac model. Do not worry about that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2014 11:42 AM in response to nraval

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

To check that you need that update, open  > Software Update. This is the best way to get firmware updates, because you will only see the ones that your MacBook needs.

In this case, it's clear that your MacBook does not need the update because 1) it was already installed, or 2) it is designed for a different Mac model. Do not worry about that.

EFI Update 1.2 on Late 2013 Macbook Pro...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.