Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get a .component plugin to work in 10.0.1? NEED FOR CHIPTUNE

I have tried following all instructions in the thread dealing with how to get the AU instruments and controls to show up (no problem here) but I downloaded this plugin

http://www.ymck.net/en/download/magical8bitplug/

At the advice of some renowned chiptune musicians but can't get it to show up in the AU panel? Can anyone give me further guidance?

OSX Mavericks 10.9.2

Garageband 10.0.1

Help me to make the square tunes?

THANX - ADM

MacBook Pro (15-inch Glossy), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Garageband 10.0.1

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 12:40 PM

admidland wrote:

can't get it to show up in the AU panel?

the web page for the plug-in says it works (all the way back) with OS X 10.3, that very likely means it's a 32-bit plug-in. GBv10 can only use 64-bit plug-in, so you'll need to talk to the folks that make it about updating their software

4 replies

Feb 28, 2014 12:37 AM in response to admidland

I was just assuming since it was 'universal' it would work. D'oh.

The "Universal" accouts for the differences in the architecture between PowerPC and Intel, but not for differences between 32 bit and 64 bit applications. And since MacOS 10.7 the operating system changed dramatically. The process system supports applications to use a sandbox for safe communication. Older code, not ready for sandboxing, cannot communicate with the new GarageBand.

GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins

How can I get a .component plugin to work in 10.0.1? NEED FOR CHIPTUNE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.