Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to know how to get rid of viruses

Recently my Macbook Pro has been redirecting me to a page where I have to install something called "Lightspark Player Pro". I didn't click on anything, I was just using Google Docs and it keeps taking me to that page. I just force quit safari and reopened it but it keeps taking me to the page. It only does this when I am on certain websites but it happens a lot (I have also installed Firefox, Genio (I keep deleting and and it just magically reappers), and Dropbox). It doesn't do this on Firefox though. I really need to fix this, I have searched through the forums and avoided everything that people say has viruses, like Mackeeper, but still I haven't found anything that clears my viruses. Are there certain websites I should avoid? Things I shouldn't download? Everything helps. I can always rely on you guys to help solve my problems very fast. 🙂

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 5:26 PM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2014 7:01 PM in response to Tyler_1_2

Tyler_1_2 wrote:

I have also installed Firefox, Genio (I keep deleting and and it just magically reappers

If all you are doing is deleting the Genieo applications, then you have not removed it. Start by carefully following the instructions in the first link that dominic23 has given you, otherwise you will never be able to rid yourself of this adware (not a virus).

I need to know how to get rid of viruses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.