Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone won't turn on because if iTunes notification?

I recently got an updates on my settings on my iPhone so it's automatically updated and I agreed blah blah and eventually it said it needed to restart for the changes to take place, so obviously I did thinking all would be fine and now I can't access my phone at all because it keep coming up with a charger at the bottom of the screen with an arrow pointing to the iTunes logo. I've tried connecting it to iTunes and it's taken two hours and absolutely nothing and has been saying that my phone needs to be restored? which I've tried but again nothing..I updated my iTunes so it can't be that and I'm just so annoyed because I can't get onto my phone at all!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 5:27 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2014 7:18 AM in response to leannemcculloch

Hello leannemcculloch,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

If you can't update or restore your iOS device

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

1. Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.
  2. Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.
  3. Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.
  4. When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.
    iTunes should open and display a message such as: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."
  5. Use iTunes to restore your device.

Have a nice day,

Mario

phone won't turn on because if iTunes notification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.