Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Air Trackpad Intermittently Stuck Clicking

I have a Mac Air. The trackpad is intermittently stuck sometimes. The effect is that I end up clicking on things I do not mean to click. I have my tap to click feature disabled -- this is the push to click feature where the button is under the bottom of the trackpad and I use the side of my thumb to click it. In my work I have to be very exact, and this is becoming quite problematic. In my work, one false move and I could end up deleting an entire directory by accident because of this serious problem.

Is there an Apple recall on this? Is it a hardware or software fault? Or is it just a sensitivity setting that I can reduce? I noticed the problem only engaged when Mavericks came out, but that could be a coincidence.

I did the PRAM reset step, the top push several times step, as well as the cleaning step, and the air duster step -- the problem still occurs, although it appears to occur less now.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 8:49 PM

1 reply

Mac Air Trackpad Intermittently Stuck Clicking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.