Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITMS-9000 Error - Unsupported Video

We recently tried to upload an iBook using iTunes Producer 3.0. We get two errors that refer to unsupported video, yet they point to files that are not video files at all. Here are the error messages

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Module_2_EngComplete-preview.ibooks: Book contains unsupported video Module_2_EngComplete-preview.ibooks:/OPS/assets/images/mediawidget-103-gutter.p ng. Could not detect ftyp. Please make sure you are using the latest version of iBooks Author." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Module_2_EngComplete-preview.ibooks: Book contains unsupported video Module_2_EngComplete-preview.ibooks:/OPS/assets/thumbs/content5/tiny/thumb-1.jp g. Could not detect ftyp. Please make sure you are using the latest version of iBooks Author." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

The files that are mentioned ('mediawidget-103-gutter.png' and 'thumb-1.jpg') were never used when creating the iBook. And we are using iBooks author 2.1.1 (459) which is the most recent version.

Any suggestions how to resolve these?

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 10:55 PM

5 replies

Feb 28, 2014 10:52 AM in response to rustman54

Today, we're having a similar issue!

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Mineralogy_CH_08_sample.ibooks: Book contains unsupported video Mineralogy_CH_08_sample.ibooks:/OPS/assets/images/Chapter image with black-1.jpg. Could not detect ftyp. Please make sure you are using the latest version of iBooks Author." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

Our sample book does NOT have any video files, so why would it complain about unsupported video?

This is from iTunes Producer 2.9 so it is NOT a problem with version 3.0

Anyone have an idea? Apple, are you listening?

Mar 1, 2014 8:08 AM in response to rustman54

Yes I have similar error about image. Those images are in my book (version 1.0) and upload via iTune connector succesfully last week. When I try to upload the edited version (version 1.1) about updating URL's which not related to any images, I found this error.

"ERROR ITMS-9000: "41-preview.ibooks: Book contains unsupported video 41-preview.ibooks:/OPS/assets/images/Screen Shot 2014-03-01 at 10.47.03 PM.jpg. Could not detect ftyp. Please make sure you are using the latest version of iBooks Author." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)"

ITMS-9000 Error - Unsupported Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.