Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3TB Timecapsule version 7.6.4 is CONSTANTLY losing WAN connection. Comcast is our carrier, and I've ruled out the modem as it downloads at 30mbs consistently. Want to try and update firmware of Timecapsule, but it will not display an "Update" icon.

3TB Timecapsule version 7.6.4 is CONSTANTLY losing WAN connection. Comcast is our carrier, and I've ruled out the modem as it downloads at 30mbs consistently.

Want to try and update firmware of Timecapsule, but it will not display an "Update" icon.

Grrrrr.....makes me miss my stupid PC set up as I could force it to do what I want!

Intermittent connection screws up Netflix, VOIP phone, Amazon, Streaming music via Spotify/Pandora, general internet access.....whole family is ****** off.

Any tips/tricks/ideas???

dave

Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Gen)

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 10:32 PM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2014 1:14 AM in response to Allieroon

Downgrade firmware to 7.6.1 .. as the latest is just lousy.

It is easy to downgrade.. hold down the option key whilst you click the version number. in Macs.. lots of stuff is hidden behind an option key.

User uploaded file

I also strongly recommend a factory reset and use all SMB names.. not apple type names..

ie TC name.. TCgen4

Wireless name TCwifi (or give names to both bands.. TC24ghz and TC5ghz).

That helps all the non-apple part of the world.. connect.

Also Mavericks has now changed over to SMB as well. So even Mac is now windows networking.

Generally these two things. .7.6.1 firmware and SMB names will fix it.. if not post again as is another step that is possible.. controlling the WAN speed of the TC.

3TB Timecapsule version 7.6.4 is CONSTANTLY losing WAN connection. Comcast is our carrier, and I've ruled out the modem as it downloads at 30mbs consistently. Want to try and update firmware of Timecapsule, but it will not display an "Update" icon.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.