Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes will not launch after upgrading to 11.1.5 with my 10.6.8 mac book pro

as soon as I upgraded to the new itunes, when clicking on the icon in the dock I noticed the icon bounced up and down once but itunes never opened up. Tried it latter in the day and it still would not open. My operating system is 10.6.8and I have the current apple updates installed up to this date today. the funny thing is I waited on the itunes update, and then decided to go ahaead and upgrade and soon as I did, well you know what happened. If I could ask a second question, what if I just went back to the original software version when I bought this computer, would I have less problems. I tried this earlier because of problems with flash and my nikon software needed the apple upgrades to work (they no longer make the older version). BUt when I worked it on the original software everything worked great (no nikon) but I could not see the videos on youtube, and other internet content on various sites. So my question is, if I decide to cut and run back to my old home, how could I solve the the flash problem or could I just get an earlier version of flash? My mac book pro I beleive came with 10.6.4, or what ever they had about three years ago around November. But this itunes thing is really bothering me and if I can fix this then I will avoid any further iupgrades even if someone puts a gun to my head. Just kidding. Thank you again for your help

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 10:10 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2014 4:05 PM in response to anthonyorlando

My MBP (15", early 2009 model, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal drive) showed in Software Update as not needing any other updates, and I downloaded from Apple's site directly and installed iTunes 11.1.5 rather than doing it via Software Update (I've had some glitches with the 'direct' install from SU in the past, so I manually download updates from Apple's support website instead).

Hoping Apple will figure out what's wrong with this version under 10.6.8...

itunes will not launch after upgrading to 11.1.5 with my 10.6.8 mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.