Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

converting 24-44 sample rate to 24-48 - without losing video sync?

Hi,

I am doing a video shoot for a shot film and I need my final outputs at 24bit and 48khz for audio. Video frame rate is 24fps.

I am planning to do live sound recorded externally for good quality when compared to camera internal records. But I have a macbook which is 9 yrs old and I can only use garageband with my focusrite saffire6 usb audio interface and I cannot use logic in this old macbook.

So my questions are

1. Can I record live sound using garageband as DAW and export files at 24-48 from GB? I find it can do only 24-44....

If not...

2. Can I open the garageband project in my imac at my studio with (Logic Pro X) later at the end of each day of shoot , and export the recorded tracks of GB to 24-48 wav or aif from logic pro x ? ( I dont want to change the logic pro x project to 24-48 from 24-44 as the pitch of the recorded voice alters.

_______

If i export the tracks at 24-48 from a 24-44 project and then re-import it to another logic pro x project (24-48) what exactly changes ? Will i lose video sync / lip sync ? will there be any noticable quality loss ?

_______

Pl. do help me with my above questions. I will be converting small small audio clips of the shots related to the video.

I dont want finish my movie then change the sample rate of the entire audio track....

So will the video / lip sync be lost in any way ?? Is 24-44 to 24-48 convertion recommended ?? as I have only my old mac book only to use to record audio on the shoot location and i dont want to carry my imac to the location... I will be using my rode video mic pro and saffire 6 usb interface in my old macbook i am not in a position to invest on another recorder.

Looking forward for your replies and comments. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Arun Kanth

GarageBand '09

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 1:26 AM

There are no replies.

converting 24-44 sample rate to 24-48 - without losing video sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.