Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Registered Apple Id on Mac Book

Hello,

Recently i brought a Mac Book Pro (Late 2012). And I registered it with my current Apple Id that I created when I brought an iPhone years ago.

Yesterday I joined to the Developer Program with a new Apple Id. And I want to change the registred Apple Id on my Mac Book and iPhone with the new one. But I do not know how. And am I be able to update apps come with the Mac Book Pro in the future with my new Apple Id?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 4:12 AM

I think you are overly complicating things. Kind of like how an iTunes Connect Apple ID really is not meant to replace your standard Apple ID for normal use.

I do not believe you should have to change anything. You are never prevented from Updating apps on your computer by the way just because you have a different Apple ID. You just need to know the password when you update for them as you'll be prompted.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2014 4:12 AM in response to cumhurasci

I think you are overly complicating things. Kind of like how an iTunes Connect Apple ID really is not meant to replace your standard Apple ID for normal use.

I do not believe you should have to change anything. You are never prevented from Updating apps on your computer by the way just because you have a different Apple ID. You just need to know the password when you update for them as you'll be prompted.

Changing Registered Apple Id on Mac Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.