Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 isn't turning on, what do I do?

My iPhone 5 was stored in a drawer for about 2 weeks. When I took it out to charge it, everything went as normal up until the Apple icon showed up. This is when the Apple icon started to pop up and then the screen would return to black, then the Apple icon would pop up again, then the screen would return to black, and this kept on repeating. Later, I tried to plug my phone to my MacBook pro and iTunes wouldn't recognize my phone. The Apple icon showing up and then disappearing happened when it was plugged into my laptop as well.

The USB wire works with my sister's iPhone 5, so does the wall plug. My laptop also recognizes whenever my sister plugs in her iPhone so it's not the wire or laptop's fault. I've tried holding the menu button and off button for 30 seconds, a minute, and two minutes. Nothing happens. I'm not sure what the solution to this'll be. I've tried everything I can think of before taking it to someone professional.

iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 5:35 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2014 5:46 AM in response to batoolbox

UPDATE: my phone was plugged into my laptop and I held down the Home button and off button for about 30 seconds when iTunes said that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode that needs to be installed. After I clicked OK, the iTunes page went back to my library without giving me a chance to click "restore".

I decided to try again and I pressed down the two buttons. This time, after clicking OK, I clicked restore and iTunes said it was extracting the software. After this short process, this message popped up. User uploaded file

My iPhone 5 isn't turning on, what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.