Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPOD shuffle will not work, period. The light that indictes the battery power and functions does not come on and I cannot get the unit to charge. When Plugged into my computer the red light comes on briefly then goes out. I have left the unit plugged i

my i pod shuffle when plugged in the red ligh briefly comes on and then goes out and the shuffle will not charge even if left overnight .

iPod shuffle, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 5:16 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2014 1:37 PM in response to Tim in DXB

It may be a problem with the battery. Or it may be a problem on the USB port being used. Since you at least get a brief light to when you connect it, it is probably not a problem with the USB docking cable.

Which shuffle model do you have? This document shows the four types

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1719

Did it work properly before, with this shuffle and this computer? Or is this the first time you are using this shuffle with this computer? Is the computer a laptop, or desktop?

Windows or Mac? In either case, what release of OS?

My IPOD shuffle will not work, period. The light that indictes the battery power and functions does not come on and I cannot get the unit to charge. When Plugged into my computer the red light comes on briefly then goes out. I have left the unit plugged i

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.