Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Badge Doesn't Alert to Waiting Updates

This has been an ongoing issue since the MAS was first introduced. The update badge on the MAS dock icon never displays waiting updates, but it you open the MAS and see the badge at the top that does show waiting updates, click on it, don't do the updates yet, the dock icon now displays the badge. What good is a notification badge if it doesn't notify me of waiting updates? Thanks for any thoughts on this.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 5:13 AM

6 replies

Feb 28, 2014 5:27 AM in response to Larry McJunkin

😁 😁 Forgive the humourous display, Larry, but usually it is the other way round. For years people have been complaining about the badge showing updates they can't get rid of. It just seemed funny that you should want them.

I suspect this is something to do with the alternative system in Mavericks but not having Mavericks I couldn't say ... but I know a man who does and can.

Regards, 71.

Mar 14, 2014 7:24 AM in response to Dah•veed

Dah•veed, this issue is on two user accounts, and on two other Macs in my house...and it's a known issue if you Google it. In fact, I've had this very same problem since the beginning of the Mac App Store on every Mac I've ever owned, and since that time we're talking several Macs and several versions of OS X.

Oddly, if I go to the MAS and see the badge there on on "Updates" and then close the MAS without doing anything..."THEN" the badge is displaying on my MAS Dock icon.

Update Badge Doesn't Alert to Waiting Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.