Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 6.1.2 Problem with YouTube audio

Since I've updated to safari 6.1.2 I get no audio in YouTube…

it already happened once on OSX 10.7... now I had the feeling no to update it, but still did and F**ed up again… (I'm on 10.8.5) tried everything I could and its really frustrating..

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Logic Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 6:36 AM

6 replies

Feb 28, 2014 10:04 AM in response to RadionOfficial

P.S.

All other sounds ie sound fx of OSX and itunes etc... works just fine... its just that safari issue... tried switching from my sound interface to the internal mac speaker and there ware sound... but switched back to my sound interface and no sound... everything was super fine before this upgrade to safari 6.1.2 ughhh... tested on firefox and it works just fine there, i just love using safari.... too bad this issue came up, is there any way to downgrade to previous version of safari?

Feb 28, 2014 10:10 AM in response to RadionOfficial

Make sure that YouTube audio is not muted.

Hover the mouse near the speaker icon in the YouTube window and hold it to reveal the volume slider.

Increase the volume level.

If that does not help, try this.

1. http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=58132

2. System Preferences > Flash > Advanced > Delete All

3. Install Adobe Flash Player.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Quit Safari.

Restart computer. Relaunch Safari.

Feb 28, 2014 12:17 PM in response to dominic23

Hi Dominic, thanks for the reply...

unfortunately tried it all, still nothing...

something weired now, when I tried to check the quick time volume and open one of my mov files, now i get a wierd message "The document ** could not be opened. an unknown error occurred" (-101)

not sure, but maybe it has something to do with all of those things...

(****, i had no problem prior to that stupid update, seriously, why? why have i updated safari??? lol)

Mar 3, 2014 1:50 AM in response to dominic23

Well tried installing the combo 10.8.5 also didn't help...

eventually the best thing that did help is to restore the system disk...

restored it to a backup that was done just a few hours before that update, and everything went back to normal...

I was affraid of doing the restore cause I had some progress with my work (music) done tought I would lose it... but fotrunatelly I have several SSD's and HDD's connected and happylly I don't keep none of my files on the system disk so that was good... I find the system recovery tool very usefull cause its not just recovers without asking you which disk which backup etc... anyways now I'll make sure not to hit that software update hehehe

Cheers.

Safari 6.1.2 Problem with YouTube audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.