Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I never get make work messages, facetime and iCloud with my Apple ID. why an how?

First all I'm sorry my English please.

I have a MacBook Pro 2009 with Mavericks updated.

I want to use Messages, iCloud, Facetime...but once I type my Apple Id (I use it without problems in appStore) Facetime and Messages stay for a long time trying to work but never connect so they don't work.

I really don't know what can I do to use these programs so could someone help me, please?

iCloud say : Account limit reached

Messages: don't say anything, just never complete once I press "Sign in" and keeps loading.

Facetime : Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again.

I never have seen iCloud, Messages and Facetime even iChat work because always happen this problem.

Thanks..

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 6:08 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2014 2:58 PM in response to ChrisRooibos

Hummm,

The inclusion of "iChat never worked" as well as the current version does point to other problems

This may be whether your Mac Firewall is On and is allowing these apps and their supports apps (IMAgent in Lion Onwards and iChat agent in iChat 5/Snow Leopard and earlier.

It could also be your Router and any ports it needs opening and whether it too has a firewall that also needs the ports opening.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4245 Lists the iOS devices port needs for FaceTime and Messages.

They would be no different on a Mac.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1507 Details the ports iChat 4 and earlier used.

These are reduced now. AIM logs in on port 443 (rather than 5190), port 5060 is not longer used.

A/V chats are on one port reducing the "group of 20" (16384-16403) to just 10 (16393-16402)

iChat would have been AIM, Jabber or in iChat 6 Yahoo as well and not iMessages

iMessages needs both port 443 than 5223 to Login (Jabber uses port 5223 as well and this maybe where your iChat attempts and the current ones cross over.

User uploaded file

10:57 pm Friday; February 28, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

I never get make work messages, facetime and iCloud with my Apple ID. why an how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.