Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

going from Mavericks back to Mountain Lion, how do I download the correct software versions from app store for apps like iPhoto etc.

I have a somewhat older iMac and after installing Mavericks the computer slowed down and the harddrive died. I just got a new harddrive installed and they had trouble getting mavericks to work on it also so they installed Mountain Lion which I am pleased with. I have purchased apps from the app store such as iPhoto and Pages, etc. so I thought I would easily be able to download them for mountain lion. When I look for the apps to download on the app store it lists the versions I had with Mavericks. iPhoto for example says I can download it for free but in the compatibility sections it says it requires OS 10.9 or later. Where can I find and install versions of my software such as iPhoto and iLife that will work again with Mountain Lion?

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 6:36 AM

Try downloading an app. There are those here who believe that the MAS will determine that you have OS X Mt Lion and actually download the app that your kit needs.

1 reply

going from Mavericks back to Mountain Lion, how do I download the correct software versions from app store for apps like iPhoto etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.