Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get ical to stop popping up every time someone accepts an invitation

How do I get ical to stop popping up every time someone accepts an invitation?

Every time I get an someone accepts and ical invitation, the iCal app pops up over everything on my screen. I cannot find a way to turn off this behavior and it's amazingly disruptive.

I do still want to be notified about up-coming meetings, and I still want invitations emailed to me to populate in my calendar, and I still want ical to capture if people have responded to my events…I just don’t want my calendar to take over my screen every time they do.

There does not seem to be anything in preferences that addresses this.

HELP!

iCal-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 8:39 AM

3 replies

Aug 31, 2015 7:29 AM in response to pjerl

I have same question . . . and this one has been circulating in user forums for at least five years (see https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&v ed=0CC4QFjABahUKEwia6orzw9PHAhXFHT4KHdLE…)

The problem is not only just when someone accepts an invitation, but also whenever Mail receives an email with an iCal invitation attached.

VERY ANNOYING.

How does one actually get Apple to respond to questions like this??

how do I get ical to stop popping up every time someone accepts an invitation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.