Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I retrieve an app that I deleted?

I inadvertently deleted an App on my IPad that was a link to an online Bible. Would like to be able to retrieve it. Can anyone help?

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 8:35 AM

11 replies

Feb 28, 2014 10:30 AM in response to Phil0124

Well, it looks like I will have to break down and start using Safari. I have been a Foxfire and Google Chrome person.

Thanks for the tip on history and bookmarks.

It has been a long time since I first found the web site and app. I realized today that it was online-only access, I wanted to have it on my iPad as I don''t always have internet access.
Wel.... I just deleted it before I looked for a downloadable version.

This is a very helpful community!

Feb 28, 2014 10:36 AM in response to schrimpy2

As Phil0124 said, these aren't true apps as they aren't installed. They are essentially bookmarks (shortcuts) to a website so you will need internet access.

The only way to get a downloadable version would be in the App Store. Outside of that you will need an internet connection to use it.

No one said you have to abandon Firefox or Chrome. I don't use either but I am sure you can access their history also.

How can I retrieve an app that I deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.