Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iCloud account on device

I have changed my Apple ID and password some time ago.

On my iPhone and iPad the old Aplle ID is still showing in the settings for iCloud, but I cannot change or delete it, since the old ID is not working anymore.

How do I get this old ID removed or changed to my new Apple ID.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6, iPad2

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 7:56 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2014 8:01 AM in response to TallDutch

Hi TallDutch,

You need to follow the instructions below to get your iCloud account updated on your devices:

1. Go into Manage your Apple ID and change your Apple ID back to the old ID that is showing on your iCloud accounts (this is temporary):

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

2. Do not verify this ID, just press Done when you have changed it

3. Go into Settings>iCloud on each of your devices and delete the iCloud account by scrolling to the bottom and clicking on Delete. Put in your current Apple ID password when asked. Answer the prompts as you wish, and delete the iCloud account

4. Go back into Manage your Apple ID and change your Apple ID back to the new ID

5. Go back into Settings>iCloud on your devices and sign iCloud back on using your new ID and password

You should be all set!

Cheers,

GB

Change iCloud account on device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.