Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX is doing funny things to PNGs with alpha channel.

I am currently working on a video that requires lots of compositing using PNGs with transparency. Everything was fine, until I decided to render. Then this happened:

User uploaded file

Some of the PNGs turned into a bunch of pink blocks, as if the file were corrupted. It even happened with a PNG with no transparency-=

I've tried:

• Trashing Render Files
  • Changing Alpha Handling
  • Export without Render
  • Using "Add" as the Blend Mode.

What can I do?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 9:00 AM

I suggest you begin by deleting preferences, as so many weird things seem to be caused by corrupt preferences.

You can also try creating a brand new project, composite a few pngs and check if the weirdness also occur there; if it does not, then maybe there was some corruption in the project, in which case selecting everything and pasting into a new project may cure it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2014 9:00 AM in response to Videoworld

I suggest you begin by deleting preferences, as so many weird things seem to be caused by corrupt preferences.

You can also try creating a brand new project, composite a few pngs and check if the weirdness also occur there; if it does not, then maybe there was some corruption in the project, in which case selecting everything and pasting into a new project may cure it.

FCPX is doing funny things to PNGs with alpha channel.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.