Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Projects and Events to FCPX?

Can this be done in FCPX? 😕

When I was working in the Trial version of FCPX, I created an Event and a Project (and saved them off to external media).

I've since purchased FCPX and now need to add this Event and Project to my current Library in my now purchased version of FCPX.

I don't see any way to add Events and Projects, only how to create new ones. 😕

Is there some way of adding this Event and Project to my current Library? 😐

Thanks

-Mike

Svrl Apl Prdcts

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 8:57 AM

If the projects and events were created in an earlier version (10.0.x), you need to place them in the original locations ("Final Cut Projects" and "Final Cut Events", either in the Movies folder, or at the root level of an external drive), and them update them from inside FCP X: File->Update Projects and Events. A new library will be created with the content of these projects and events.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2014 8:57 AM in response to Soniq2

If the projects and events were created in an earlier version (10.0.x), you need to place them in the original locations ("Final Cut Projects" and "Final Cut Events", either in the Movies folder, or at the root level of an external drive), and them update them from inside FCP X: File->Update Projects and Events. A new library will be created with the content of these projects and events.

Adding Projects and Events to FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.