Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2009 frozen after booting and startup

So, a few days ago, my iMac got stuck in the white loading screen that everybody says. It happened before already, and at the time, I just booted holding the key C and installed the OS with the CD. That went ok, nothing wrong. But then, a few days ago as I said, it happened again. At first, I tried booting it with the keys Command + Option + P + R to start with the OS utilites. I tried several different keys combinations and nothing worked but the C. So I booted it again with the C key. I installed the OSX Leopard again but now, when I turn the iMac on, it will go to the desktop screen just fine BUT it is frozen still. The mouse cursor is at the loading colourful ball and I can't use nothing, it just stays there forever! Like, I can't even click at the Macintosh HD folder or the at the Finder in the menu. It is really frozen at the loading cursor ball and it stays there forever.

Does someone know at least what is causing this?

How can I solve this problem without going to Apple Care? I do not have the money to leave it there, since the Apple Care in Brazil it's expensive.

Please help! I would be forever glad!

PS: If there is any doubt, this is the loading cursor I was talking about, and it's driving me insane!!!

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iMac frozen after booting

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 10:40 AM

Check out: Troubleshoot the spinning beach ball/freezing & crashing

Troubleshoot the spinning beach ball

Mac OS X (10.6.4)

After you get the beachball problem resolved....

Use Software Update or the OS 10.6.8 combo update to update your OS. Also, update everything SU has to offer for your computer. When done, repair permissions and restart your computer.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2014 10:40 AM in response to danilobontempo

Check out: Troubleshoot the spinning beach ball/freezing & crashing

Troubleshoot the spinning beach ball

Mac OS X (10.6.4)

After you get the beachball problem resolved....

Use Software Update or the OS 10.6.8 combo update to update your OS. Also, update everything SU has to offer for your computer. When done, repair permissions and restart your computer.

User uploaded file

iMac 2009 frozen after booting and startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.