1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 2, 2014 4:34 AM by m0thr4
m0thr4 Level 1 Level 1 (100 points)

I have various Wifi points saved on my Macbook, iPad, iPhone that are completely inappropriate for my permanent iMac desktop.

Is there any way to keep these in sync on the former devices but not the latter?

The problem is that when I first boot up my iMac, it connects to a nearby public BT-Wifi access point, even though my home Wifi network (which begins Aa) is set first in the preferred network list.  I still want to keep the BT Wifi profile on my mobile computers/devices.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 3.4HHz Intel i7, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM
  • m0thr4 Level 1 Level 1 (100 points)

Found the answer.  The problem is that iCloud Keychain contains all your Wifi networks, which means your home desktop is going to inherit everything your mobile devices use.

The solution is to disable iCloud Keychain on your desktop computer, and then remove the superfluous Wifi access points from the Preferred Networks list.

The downside is that you lose synchronisation with all your Safari passwords, credit card details, and so on, but the upside is that at least your computer connects to the right network when you switch it on.