Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

re: Reminders and "New List"

I have a few lists in Reminders called New List, New List 2, New List 3. I can delete these lists by right clicking on them in Reminders, but then within a minute they all spontaneously reappear. How can I delete them permanently?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 11:43 AM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2014 2:58 PM in response to mixxula

That sequence isn't on my iphone4, or my imac, or my icloud either.

I did get rid of the extra lists by opening reminders in my icloud account, opening reminders on my imac, and opening reminders on my iphone and then deleting quickly 'New List 5' on all 3 devices(phone,imac,icloud).

Then I did the same for New List 4, New List 3, New List2. A couple times they reappeared but after several tries they seemed to remain deleted permanently. I am not sure if the order of which device I did first mattered or not. But if it doesn't work, try a different sequence

Maybe the devices that didn't yet have the New List deleted were telling each other to recreate the New List for some reason.

(I don't think we should have to do that if it was working correctly....you should only have to delete a list on one device and then it should automatically delete on all your connected devices). Hopefully, this might help you

re: Reminders and "New List"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.