Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony HVR Z7U and HVR MRC1K

Hi, I am looking for some help. New to Final Cut Pro X so here goes, I had used my Sony HVR Z7U and HVR MRC1K with version 10.1 and then upgraded to 10.1.1, in both versions I could import content shot to my Compact Flash. Then it stopped working (only thing I changed was install latest Quicktime Pro App Codecs 1.0.4) when importing HDV Media from my Compact Flash the clips to import are greyed out.

after a week with me trying to remedy the issue -

steps I had taken -

Install at least 4 times of OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 now 10.9.2 (with next step, incase corrupt install)

reinstall Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 and 10.1

Can import HDV and DV from Tape

Can only import DV from Compact Flash Card

tried with 5 different Compact Flash Cards same issue

Can import .mov files created on my Canon 550D/T2i

install older Quicktime Pro App Codecs, even ones from my Final Cut Studio 3 - FCP 7

After a call to Apple last week I tried the steps they suggested, different versions of Final Cut Pro X and install iMovie.

Both apps same issue no import within the apps media is greyed out.

Went to my local Apple store after an hour with Genius Bar, trying my setup on other machines and still the same, Apple store said looks like my hardware issue.

So I made an appointment with Sony in LA and after spending some time with Dave (Sony Engineer) my Hardware was fine in the tests we carried out, even using another Sony HVR MRC1K and Sony HVR Z7U we had no issues. Wasted Dave's time SORRY about that came away baffled as if NOT the Hardware and NOT the software, then why Can I not import the media that could be imported before.

Has anyone else saw this with Sony's HVR Z7U and the HVR MRC1K with Final Cut Pro X or what has been your experience with this worklow.

FINAL CUT PRO, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 12:19 PM

There are no replies.

Sony HVR Z7U and HVR MRC1K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.