Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 and just purchased an Appletv. Can I use my Apple keyboard and wirelessly receive Safari on my TV?

I have a Mac os x 10.6.8 and have paired an apple with my Vizio TV, can I access my comupter so that I can get Safari, Google, Mail etc on my TV?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 12:30 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2014 12:36 PM in response to Jimmymax

There are no native applications on the Apple TV to allow this, unfortunately. However, you can use the new AirPlay feature to make your TV into a wireless secondary (or mirrored) monitor!

It's very easy to do. First open System Preferences > Displays, and select your Apple TV from the “AirPlay Display” drop-down menu. You may need to fiddle with the screen resolution as well as the options on the Arrangement tab. After this, go back to System Preferences > Sound. Here you will see a list of devices which you may select as your default audio output. Select Apple TV and you should be good to go!

I have a Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 and just purchased an Appletv. Can I use my Apple keyboard and wirelessly receive Safari on my TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.