Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White screen boot with Windows with second monitor plugged

Hi,

I've just installed Windows 8.1 with Boot Camp in an Early 2008 Mac Pro.

Windows runs like a charm but if boot with the second monitor plugged then the White Screen of Death appears! Everything works fine with just one monitor. There's nothing weird with the monitors/screens (that I know) they work perfect together in OS X.

Boot with two monitors plugged -> White Screen

Boot with one monitor plugged -> Everything is perfect

First monitor is an Asus P38 connected through HDMI and PortDisplay adapter and the second one is a DELL connected through DVI. Both of them are plugged to an ATI HD 4870.

Anybody knows something about this issue?

Regards,

Juan Carlos Jiménez

Mac Pro, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 12:26 PM

7 replies

Mar 1, 2014 2:25 AM in response to turbostar

Nothing is wrong if I attach the 2nd monitor while windows is running (after the boot). But if the computer boots with both monitors attached, I get the white screen immediately after I choose Windows in the Alt/Option boot Mac gray screen.

Besides, I don't think that the drivers are related because there is no time to load any driver. In fact:

If the computer boots with one screen, after I press Enter to select Windows in the boot menu, after 4-5 seconds, a BIOS like screen (black screen with white text) appears and then the Windows boot logo. And the boot is normal.

If the computer boots with both monitors attached, after I press Enter to select Windows in the boot menu, after 4-5 seconds, the White Screen appears (without BIOS screen, i.e. BEFORE Windows boot, right?)

White screen boot with Windows with second monitor plugged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.