Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to test iCloud without moving my data to the iCloud?

When I setup a user account to test iCloud, I get the message:

“when you click OK all the data on your computer will be moved to the iCloud so it can be avable to all of your devices.”

I don't want my data "MOVED" would would may be ok is a "COPY" but it would be best if I coude deside what I want to happen to my data once I have the iCloud account and had a look round.

Is there a way of getting an iCloud account with out it moving my data off my computer?

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 12:55 PM

5 replies

Feb 28, 2014 2:46 PM in response to Axeman1020

Axeman1020 wrote:

Create a test user account and sign in. Enable iCloud and sign in.

Enter some bogus contacts, calendar events, notes, etc..

When you are done, delete the bogus stuff so it doesn't stay on your iCloud account, sign back into your user account and delete the test account.

A good answer it's just the wording of the message that OS X gives when you try to joint iCloud that's a little off putting ".......all data on your computer will be moved as soon as you press OK"

I hope this means "....all this users data on your.........." Otherwize I have one day of restoring from Time Machine.

How to test iCloud without moving my data to the iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.