Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm running 2.1.3 in 64-bit mode. What are the big advantages of up-grading to MainStage 3 ?

I'm using MS 2.1.3. now and wondering if should upgrade to 3... MainStage was part of my LogicPro package (9.1.8). I have just added a Novation SL MkII

controller with Auto Map which is wonderful - real controls instead of constantly tweaking with the track pad. Why should I move up to version 3?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 1:52 PM

The electric pianos are greatly improved. The B3 sounds beefier. The Leslie effect sounds more realistic. Retosynth(virtual analog) is a new plugin in MS3. New also to MS3 is the arpeggiator. Automap on the Novation is nice, but the new smart control templates in MS3 make it even easier. If you have too many channel strips to fit on the screen in edit mode, you now have the option to view all of them on one screen. You can save and quit the program from performance mode. These are a few advantages I can think of right away.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2014 1:52 PM in response to Hutchoo

The electric pianos are greatly improved. The B3 sounds beefier. The Leslie effect sounds more realistic. Retosynth(virtual analog) is a new plugin in MS3. New also to MS3 is the arpeggiator. Automap on the Novation is nice, but the new smart control templates in MS3 make it even easier. If you have too many channel strips to fit on the screen in edit mode, you now have the option to view all of them on one screen. You can save and quit the program from performance mode. These are a few advantages I can think of right away.

I'm running 2.1.3 in 64-bit mode. What are the big advantages of up-grading to MainStage 3 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.