Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I find my iCloud calendar url?

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2016 7:50 AM

ANSWER HERE

1. Goto www.iCloud.com

2. Select the Calendar Icon

3. Select the Calendar name you want (IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE)

3. Click on the antenna looking signal icon next to the name. a pop up will appear

4. Check PUBLIC CALENDAR on if it is off

5. You see where it says EMAIL LINK? click on that and copy the link that it will automatically paste in the email

(REASON: Apple for what ever reason has a bug where it only shares some of the link and not the full link if you try to copy it from webcal.)

🙂

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2016 7:50 AM in response to mhdives

ANSWER HERE

1. Goto www.iCloud.com

2. Select the Calendar Icon

3. Select the Calendar name you want (IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE)

3. Click on the antenna looking signal icon next to the name. a pop up will appear

4. Check PUBLIC CALENDAR on if it is off

5. You see where it says EMAIL LINK? click on that and copy the link that it will automatically paste in the email

(REASON: Apple for what ever reason has a bug where it only shares some of the link and not the full link if you try to copy it from webcal.)

🙂

Feb 28, 2014 3:23 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Mac computers come with a calendar application as part of the software package. I synced my calendar with iCal in iCloud. So the same items can be viewed on my computer and iPhone. I have shared the iCloud calendar as a private calender like you previously described.

Now I'm trying get the iCloud shared calendar to appear in the native calendar application that came with my wife's Mac computer so she does not need to log into iCloud to work in the calendar.

The native calendar application allows you to subscribe to an on line calendar. In our case iCal in iCloud. However, in order to do so we need to enter the url of the calendar we want to subscribe to. Hence my original question, How do I find my icloud calendar url?

Once again Roger, thanks for your help. I don't think Apple should make what I'm looking to do this hard but I guess it is.

Jul 21, 2016 2:29 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I have the same question, but the answers seem to be missing the point...which is what Apple intended in the first place, of course.

My client wants to be able to enter appts on either the iCal application on his MacBook Pro OR on his Google calendar on his Android phone. No problem having read-only events show up on iCal that were entered into his Google calendar, but getting events entered into iCal to appear in his Google calendar requires the URL of the calendar. He doesn't care if it's read-only - he just wants to see what's in both places. The "Copy URL to clipboard selection under Preferences is greyed-out and I can't find another place to even see the URL. I think the original poster was also looking for the same piece of information.

Is there a way to SEE and copy the URL for my iCal calendar...I can take care of the rest because Google does read ICal formatting.

Feb 28, 2014 2:15 PM in response to mhdives

You can't give her a URL to use in the way you are suggesting. In order for her to be able to access your calendar in iCal follow the instructions for sharing privately - she will need to have her own iCloud account and then she can subscribe to your calendar in her iCal.

http://help.apple.com/icloud/#/mm6b1a9479

and expand 'Share a calendar privately'.

Feb 28, 2014 2:53 PM in response to mhdives

mhdives wrote:

We have done that and she has access in her iCal. We're trying to get the calendar to show in the calendar application on the desktop.

What do you mean by 'the calendar application on the desktop' if you don't mean iCal? You can only subscribed to a shared calendar in a CalDAV-capable application - iCal being one; if you are trying to use another calendar application it won't work unless that is CalDAV capable or takes its data from iCal (and can read iCal subscriptions as opposed to its main data).

Mar 1, 2014 2:11 AM in response to mhdives

mhdives wrote:

Mac computers come with a calendar application as part of the software package. I synced my calendar with iCal in iCloud. So the same items can be viewed on my computer and iPhone. I have shared the iCloud calendar as a private calender like you previously described.

iCal is the Calendar application on your Mac (it will be called Calendar if you are using Mavericks). The calendar at iCloud.com is called Calendar, as are the ones on iPhones and iPads.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.