Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to turn on automatic downloads, but I see an alert that says 'This device is already associated with an apple ID.'

I recently bought a new ipod 4 gen 32 G. I had an 8 g .I'm trying to turn on automatic downloads so when I buy a song from Itunes it automatically downloads without plugging it into computer to sync. When I turn on Auto Downloads, It say...This device is already Associated with an apple ID You can auto-download purchases on this device with just one Apple ID every 90 days. You cannot associate this device with a different Apple ID for 30 days. When I click OK it turns th downloads off..Can someone help me? I've returned the 8g to regular factory settings as I'm giving it to a friend.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 3:33 PM

You have to wait. See:

iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

You can still sync the media from your iTunes library

1 reply

I'm trying to turn on automatic downloads, but I see an alert that says 'This device is already associated with an apple ID.'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.