Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro late 2013 retina whit Nvidia

I have a new macbook pro retina whit nvidia integrate, when i'm playing the temperature come really up and the computer in 2h of playing reboot, cools work normally (very fast and making a lot of noise of course).

It's normal? It isn't a computer to play? :O

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Pro Retina Late 2013 whit Nvida

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 4:54 PM

6 replies

Feb 28, 2014 10:29 PM in response to Dibenkorn

What computer program are you playing, and for how long? What's the absolutely highest temperature?

It's really, really important to get accurate figures for this.

It's normal? It isn't a computer to play?

It's perfectly normal to enjoy playing games on your computer. However, there's a difference between a desktop system and a laptop like the MacBook Pro. The MacBook has an aluminum case, and doesn't vent heat as efficiently as, say, an iMac or iPad. Don't stop playing games, but never exceed a temperature of 160F.

Mar 1, 2014 11:15 AM in response to ValerioLegnano

I'd suggest downloading a free app like iStat to give you a "snapshot" of your temperatures. Just make sure your temps are always under 160F.

Steam games are great, but they really generate heat, which can lead to expensive problems down the road.

Your battery is another thing. I don't know exactly what the problem might be, but can assure you that high levels of heat can wear down your battery over the long term. If you still have problems when the temperature is relatively low...well, let's cross that bridge then.

Macbook pro late 2013 retina whit Nvidia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.